Breast Augmentation facts you should know! www.drtim.com.au. Dr.Tim emphasizes the 7 most important points, all beginning with “S”, that women need to know before contemplating having breast augmentation. This is a great time to watch with friends and family, take notes and discuss.
This is the complete, word-for-word transcript of this video:
Hi! It’s DrTim, and I’d like to welcome you to this session which is on the 7 Ss of Breast Augmentation. Now, breast augmentation surgery is the commonest cosmetic surgery procedure that we do. Another interesting statistic is that for every patient that we put in breast implants, there’s another hundred patients who wish they had larger breasts.
So when you go and see your plastic surgeon, these are the seven things that you need to remember. Five of them relate to the actual implant itself and two of them to the surgery, and they all begin with S. Let’s take the first five.
1. Size. You need to have implants that are proportional to your figure. Remember, big implants, big problems. You need to talk to your surgeon who will fit you in appropriately sized implants.
2. Shape of the implants. Do you want to have round implants? Do you want to have teardrop implants?
3. Surface or shell of the implants. Do you want to have textured implants or smooth implants?
4. Substance of the implant. Do you want silicone gel implants or do you want saline implants?
5. Symmetry. Sometimes your breasts are asymmetrical. Do you need to have one size implant on one side, and another size implant on the other?
Lastly, it’s the surgery. There are two further Ss that you need to think about:
6. Site of the pocket. Do you want to have it above the chest muscle or below it?
7. Last of all, you need to talk about your scar. Do you want to have it in the breast fold, around the areola, or around the armpit?
So there you have it. They’re the 7 Ss of breast augmentation. The five Ss are for the breast implant itself: size, shape, surface, substance and symmetry. The two last Ss are for the surgery: the site where the pocket is where you put the breast implant, and lastly where the scar should be. So I hope this has been of some help. I’m DrTim. Thanks so much. Bye-bye for now.